Monday, November 10, 2008

Musings on the Monday after the election.

The giddiness has not warn off yet. I sincerely regret getting the official word on Obama's victory from 'The Daily Show' at home. Much as I love Jon and Stephen, I wish I had been in teh squares of a major city like New York, or even better been in the crowd in D.C. that surrounded the White House and changed 'Yes We Can!'.

What wonderful, positive energy that surrounded the Obama Victory, not just in the US, but around the world. I remain confident that a President Obama will no squander this energy, but should be able to ride in in his first 100 days to getting some real accomblishments done. What amazes me about his campaign is that he reminds us that we made his victory possible, and that we do have a responsibility to see to it that he and Congress serve are OUR pleasure, and that only good governance, not political stunts and tricks will keep the Democrats in the majority.

1 comment:

Vox Populi said...

I can't tell you how much I hope for a return to some form of responsibility in our government. I know the system isn't perfect, but the things that have happened to the Constitution in the last eight years make me shiver.

I really need Obama to start setting things right...